- 6mm (J) crochet hook
- Lion Brand Yarn – Feels Like Bliss – 0.4 oz / 13 yds
- Hair Tie Elastic
ABBREVIATIONS USED (US TERMS)
- Ch = Chain
- SC = Single Crochet
- HDC = Half Double Crochet
- Slst = Slip Stitch
- FO = Fasten Off
- Stitch count is not super important. Your goal is to fully cover the hair elastic, even when it is slightly stretched.
- Feel free to use this pattern with other yarns and yarn weights. Adjust the hook size and stitch counts as needed.
- The stitches in round 1 are worked around the hair elastic.
Round 1: Attach the yarn around the hair elastic with a SC; make 32 SC around the elastic (or however many you need to cover the elastic tightly), join with a Slst in the first SC [33 SC]
- Tip: Crochet around your beginning yarn tail so you don’t have to weave it in later!
Round 2: Ch2, make 3 HDC in each st around, join with a Slst in the first HDC [99 HDC]
- As you work, you will start to get a wavy texture.
FO – weave in your ends and you are done!
You may share on social media and sell items created using this pattern, but please credit me as the designer. No mass producing.
©2021 Tzigns – All rights reserved. It is illegal to alter, redistribute, share or sell the photos or pattern text in part or whole, electronically or physically. I am the sole owner of this pattern and any pictures associated with it.